Thursday, November 27, 2008

grandpa's wake

My dearest grandpa passed away on 25 Nov 2008. I can never forget that wake up call by my mum to rush down to my grandma's place. I got myself dressed asap and b4 we could hail a cab, another phone call came to tell us.. granddaddy had gone. I felt MIXED at that point of time. I'm sad that I couldn't see him for the very last time yet happy that at least he dun need to struggle in pain anymore. those few days was really hard for him... he was crying in pain like a child.. and kept complaining that he wants to go home when he's already home.

I teared when I saw the motionl-less body lying on the bed. Mum went weak on her knees and cried on the spot. Everyone was crying.. and so it my dearest MAMA. My god bro cum cousin was shocked to see grandpa dead and cried out loud when we ensured him that grandpa had gone... he's only 10 and we had to kept conforting him before the tissue box run low. The body was left on the bed for 5 hrs before the casket came to collect his body.

so many arrangement had to be done on that day... death certificate, coffin purchased, calling of people and performing basic rituals and setting up the tables. It's day 2 already... 3 more days before the cremation. Grandpa wish had finally been granted. All the grandchildren did their best to fold those joss papers.. and we finally got bonded together to talk about our childhood stories. We came to the conclusion that we all misses grandpa's actions of feeding us PRAWNS, BAK CHOR and fish with ABC STOUT. Sigh..

Cremation is on 30th Nov.

the wake is at Blk 498N tampines Street 45 - at the multi purpose hall.
there is one more wake at some other nearby blk so please do not be mistaken.

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment