Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Hospital

I've not completed my CNY entry yet cause time doesnt really permits me to do anything for it yet. Went to visit my grandpa today at See Pai Por(SGH). I was pretty sad upon seeing him in pain. He used to be a person who walks ard the house enjoying the birds chirps and smelling babies head.. but now.. he was lying on the bed wanting to sleep every now and then.

Grandpa was diagnosed with cancer at his large intestine. He is still unaware about his illness and we don't really intend to tell him anything about it. It was a heart wrenching sight when I saw a bag being fitted onto his tummy so that his waste can be released into that bag. He was in huge pain with all the medication he took that he couldnt even celebrate CNY with us. We wanted to celebrate his birthday on Sunday but he fainted yesterday and was admitted to the hospital. Deep thoughts came rushing into my head of how gong gong used to be so adorable. He rears MONKEYs and alot of birds at home. He loves to drink ABC and always gorge us with food. His hokkien mee taste really fan-ta-bu-los and he's a soccer maniac and also a durian lover. Though we hardly talk much but his action always make us all very happy. His pronouciation of words also made a trademark in our language like CHU-GU-LATE(chocolate) and LOCTER (Doctor). I really love my dearest Gong Gong so very muchie.

The ward that my grandpa was is a Cancer patient ward. It's a habit that my relatives would make friends with the other patients and know about their illness. The youngest patient in the ward is barely 18 years old who just got his o level results. He looks so skinny and my aunt told me that he was diagnosed with blood cancer. I was lost for words. His form of medication is through injection and chemo and his hair drops alot. There's another patient aged about 40 plus who is also a blood cancer patient. His wife was telling us how he couldnt accept the fact when he heared the news. It all started with a high fever and he refused to see the doctor and then the virus got into his blood and then blood cancer.

Life is really so unpredictable. I feel so fortunate yet worrifying on my health. It makes me feel like stopping baby to smoke after seeing so many cases of CANCER! Sigh.. the patients has this very gloomy face that makes me feel so sorry for them. I really pray that everyone ard me including me will live in GOOD GOOD HEALTH. Esp.. my gong gong!

No comments:

Post a Comment