Thursday, July 23, 2009

GI JOE




OMY.Sg had just send me an email regarding an invitation to the movie 'GI JOE'. All I had to do was to play a very fun game online ( go try it!!) and rave about how much I'm in love with that show. I was definitely very excited upon receiving this invitation since my bf and I had been longing to watch this movie since the day it started advertising.

"I was definitely delighted that they've created a movie about G.I. Joe" is way too much of an understatement to describe the adrenalin rush I received from watching the teaser trailers online and in the cinemas. From the plot teasers to the action sequences containing Snake Eyes, no matter how brief they were, I was enthralled by the modern re-envisioning of the entire G.I. Joe franchise.

The upcoming G.I. Joe movie brought me and my boyfriend back to our childhood days when we grew up watching the cartoons each afternoon as the Joes repeatedly put an end to COBRA's plans, and I played not only with Barbie dolls, but G.I. Joe figurines that my male relatives obsessed over. Not only that, but all my boyfriend can gush about these days aren't just cars, but about how awesome this G.I. Joe movie is going to be, with his childhood heroes being brought to life on the silver screen. Just seeing the characters all fleshed out and doing some serious ass-kicking in their stylishly sleek and sexy yet bad-ass military-esque attire makes me want to watch it right now! Moreover, I can't wait to watch the purported romance between Snake-Eyes and Scarlett acted out by REAL PEOPLE!

I'm excited that they brought to life characters like Scarlett, Snake-Eyes, The Baroness and Duke among other fan-faves, which are some of my favourites, which includes Cobra Commander, Storm Shadow... and the list goes on and on and on. The cartoons gave some reality to the series, but the movie is going to do some excellent justice to something that should have been made long ago. My boyfriend and I really want to be the ones who get to watch the Singapore premiere of G.I. Joe, as that would mean so much to a couple, although raised in separate backgrounds, who never failed to tune in to G.I. Joe faithfully every afternoon it was on just to get in on the action of "A real American Hero". Just like G.I. Joe, I want to be a heroine too, in standing up for what I believe in: to be able to live my childhood dreams of being able to watch a live-action G.I. Joe movie, amongst other things (like being like Scarlett).

The bonus would be that my boyfriend and I would be the first to catch it in Singapore; imagine the HUGE SURPRISE he will get when I tell him that I've won tickets to watch the Premiere at The Cathay.

Nevertheless, I want to catch G.I. Joe in Cinemas again when it officially opens to the masses, because I believe that with a story that transcends a generation, you need to watch it twice or thrice to feel and live it, until the G.I. Joe sequel arrives to take the story to another epic level.











No comments:

Post a Comment