Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Ballerina for a day

I was glad on the first day of work to realise that heels isnt really a must at my workplace. I wore flats almost everyday on the first week of work until someone gave me a nickname of XIAO MEI MEI. That was then I realise.. being short/small in size does really make one look younger. Not many actually believe that I'm 24 yrs of age.

I was then summoned by my boss one day to meet a client. I was in a horrendous outfit since I wasn't TOLD initially. To be exact, I was in a tube dress + cardigan and a pair of pedder red ballerina flats. I felt rather wierd with the height difference compared to my colleague, boss and clients that I told myself I will start on my heels marathon very soon.

SO, this week came and I started putting on my sister's shoes since I don't really have many pairs of pretty heels. My sis is well-known for splurging moolahs on expensive shoes.. and I thought expensive shoes will be much more comfortable compared to cheaper shoes but I was SO SO SO wrong.

I wore a pair of GUESS shoe yesterday.. and it gave me 2 burst blisters and I even injured my toes by poking against other toe-nails.

I didnt give up for day 2.. as I wore a BCBG heels today which was even WORST compared to yesterday. My leg was so aching that I felt like THROWING THEM away (if not for its price-tag). It not only gave me blisters but it also caused me to lost my balance a couple of times and I felt as if I was doing the thing that ballerina always does when dancing. I tipped-toe all the way from ORCHARD to AMK!

Despite all these painful events, I'm still going to wear heels to work! It did gave me the level of confidence but well.. I think.. I really need to shop for a good pair of shoes right after the new year as I was told that buying of shoes during the CNY is not really good. *urgh*

No comments:

Post a Comment